Dark Chocolate Espresso Chia Pudding
1. 13.5 fl oz coconut milk or almond milk
2. 4 fl oz brewed espresso or double-strength coffee
3. 2 Tbsp cacao powder
4. 1/4 cup no sugar chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate bar
5. 1 tsp vanilla extract
6. 5 Tbsp chia seeds
7. honey or maple syrup to taste, if desired
1. Place milk and espresso/coffee in a heavy-bottomed pot and turn heat to medium. Whisk in cacao powder.
2. When cacao powder is completely incorporated, add chocolate chips or chopped chocolate and whisk constantly until melted.
3. Remove pot from heat, whisk in vanilla and taste for sweetness, adding honey or maple syrup if desired.
4. Whisk in chia seeds until mixture is completely smooth.
5. Pour mixture into a bowl, cover and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
6. If you wish to adjust the texture before serving: for a thicker texture, add 1 Tbsp of chia seeds, whisk and return to refrigerator for 15 minutes. For a thinner texture, slowly whisk in coconut milk or coffee/espresso (or both) until mixture reaches desired consistency.
USA Team Doctor USA Wrestling