Try this for Easter Toasted Coconut Cheesecake
Toast Coconut (unsweetened shredded and flaked): Spread thin layer on cookie sheet; toast in oven at 325 degree for 5-8 minutes. Left over, store in glass container in pantry for 1 month or can be frozen.
Powder Xylitol: Can be done in a blender by giving it a few quick whirls until the consistency is like powdered sugar (I do extra and store for future use). Someone mentioned this can be done in a coffee grinder too. Give it a whirl.
•1 cup pecans
•1 cup finely shredded coconut, unsweetened
•3 tbsp powdered xylitol
•1/4 tsp salt
•2 tbsp melted butter
•1 & 1/2 lbs cream cheese (3 8-ounce packages), softened
•3/4 cup powdered xylitol
•3 large eggs, room temperature
•2/3 cup full fat coconut milk (canned), room temperature (I warm on stove to blend it, remove from stove measure and let cool before adding as not to “cook” the ingredients before going into oven)
•1/2 tsp vanilla extract
•1/2 tsp coconut extract
1. Preheat oven to 325F
2. In a food processor, nuts on high until coarsely chopped. Add coconut, sweetener and salt and process until mixture resembles coarse crumbs
3. Add melted butter. Stir to combine well. Press mixture firmly and evenly into the bottom a 9”springform pan
4. •Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until just beginning to brown around the edges. Remove and let cool.
1. Reduce oven temperature to 300F.
2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese on medium until smooth. Beat in sweetener until well combined. Beat in eggs one at a time, scraping down sides of bowl and beaters as needed. Then beat in coconut milk, vanilla extract and coconut extract until smooth.
3. Brush the sides of the springform pan with a little melted butter and then pour the filling over the cooled crust.
4. Place springform pan on a cookie sheet and place on the center rack on the oven. On the rack below, place a large baking dish filled with water.
5. Bake 1 hour 30 minutes to 1 hour 45 minutes, or until edges are set and center just barely jiggles when shaken. Remove and let cool completely. Run a sharp knife around the edges of the pan and remove sides. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least j3 or 4 hours.
Add whip cream layer and toasted coconut flake topping