Mexican food is always a winner, either you’re craving a loaded nachos, tacos with all your favorite ingredients, or just beans and rice to make it simple yet delicious. There’s a lot of ways to twist the traditional Mexican dishes, either you want to spice it up with new flavors or just make a simple twist to make it personalized.
To give you more options to choose from, dive into the ultimate guide to Mexican food from the Food Monster App – and you’ll never get tired of the oh-so-comforting foods from the country!
1. 15 Vegan Mexican-Fusion Recipes for Cinco De MayoCinco De Mayo is upon us! What better way to celebrate than with some Mexican-fusion recipes! Combine flavors from Asia, Europe, and North America for a new twist on classic Mexican cuisine! Check out these 15 Vegan Mexican-Fusion Recipes for Cinco De Mayo!
2. How to Cook Veggies Mexican-StyleWhen I was in grad school, I ate a lot of Mexican food. There was a Mexican restaurant nearby that became a favorite place to go after classes. I can still smell the delicious aromas, hear the sizzling fajitas and taste the fruity sangria. Today Mexican food has become very popular and if you took a poll, many Americans would say they eat Mexican food all the time. If they are eating fast food from chain restaurants, however, they are not eating authentic Mexican food.
Fast food Mexican is filled with supersized fats and not healthy at all. In contrast, authentic Mexican food is filled with fresh vegetables, fruits, protein, spices, vitamins and minerals and is healthy and well-balanced, and here you’ll learn How to Cook Veggies Mexican-Style.
3. Skip on Chipotle, and Make Amazing Plant-Based Mexican Food at HomeChipotle made a name for itself years ago for its accessible and affordable fast-casual Mexican restaurant concept. These days, the chain has earned a more notorious name for itself. Formerly loyal Chipotle consumers have abandoned the eatery — but if you are somebody who used to love their menu, never fear.
We have all the recipes you could possibly need to make fast-casual and 100 percent plant-based Mexican food from the comfort of your home. Skip on Chipotle, and Make Amazing Plant-Based Mexican Food at Home.
4. 10 Mexican Spices to Spike Up Your MealsBurritos, tacos, and other Mexican food are as much of a favorite for Americans as pizza, pasta, or burgers. Part of the appeal of Mexican food is that delicious flavor which comes from several herbs and spices that are popular south of the border. Spices commonly used in Mexican cooking can transform simple and cheap plant-based ingredients such as rice and beans into flavorful, main course worthy dishes. Here are 10 Mexican Spices to Spike Up Your Meals!
5. How to Make Amazing Mexican Food Without Meat or CheeseWhen it comes to popular ethnic cuisines, Mexican is up there at the top of the list. People love Mexican food and eat it every chance they get. The truth is, however, that many of the fast food places aren’t serving authentic Mexican cuisine. Fast food Mexican is filled with fats and unhealthy ingredients whereas authentic Mexican cuisine is made with fresh veggies, fruit, protein, spices, and herbs.
Mexican food is rich in history, with influences from many different cultures including Europe, South America, the Caribbean, India, China, and Africa. Mexico has given us the gifts of chocolate, vanilla, peanuts, coconuts, beans, and tomatoes. Learn How to Make Amazing Mexican Food Without Meat or Cheese!
6. 15 Vegan Mexican Fiesta Favorites That Will Make You Forget All About Meat and CheeseSeptember 16th is a celebration of the day in 1810 when the war that led to Mexico’s independence began. Today, it is known as Mexican Independence Day, and also as “El Grito,” which means “the cry.” This references the “Cry of Dolores,” the shout by a priest named Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla that encouraged Mexicans to free themselves and defend their rights. After eleven years of civil war, the Treaty of Córdoba, which recognized Mexican independence, was signed in 1821. Sadly, Father Hidalgo never got to see it, as he was killed by Spanish troops in 1811. He is considered the father of Mexico. Now, check out these 15 Vegan Mexican Fiesta Favorites That Will Make You Forget All About Meat and Cheese.
7. Happy Mexican Independence Day! Celebrate With These 26 Meatless Mexican RecipesMexican food is very popular but much of the food people eat today at chain restaurants is not authentic Mexican food. Mexican food is filled with fresh veggies, fruits, protein, and spices and is actually healthy and well-balanced. Rich in history, Mexican food has influences from many different cultures. It’s also a cuisine that is easy to veganize with its bounty of vegetables, tomatoes, beans, coconuts, peanuts, vanilla, and chocolate. To learn how to make your own Mexican food at home, see How to Cook Veggies Mexican-Style, 10 Mexican Spices to Spike Up Your Meals and Tips for Making Ethnic Dishes Taste the Best. Happy Mexican Independence Day! Celebrate With These 26 Meatless Mexican Recipes.
8. Try These Recipes for a Fiesta in Honor of National Mexican Independence DayToday is both Mexican Independence Day and National Guacamole Day, so to celebrate both holidays, how about eating a fiesta complete with the yummy green stuff? You don’t even need meat or dairy to make amazing Mexican food. Check out these tasty Mexican dishes. We’ll start out with a guac recipe that you can use for any of the other dishes. You should Try These Recipes for a Fiesta in Honor of National Mexican Independence Day.
9. 7 Vegan Enchilada Recipes Reinvented for Cinco de Mayo!
Enchiladas are all the best things in life wrapped up into one. They’re gooey, filling, and so comforting! Check out these 7 Enchilada Recipes Reinvented for Cinco de Mayo.
10. A Week’s Worth of Delicious Vegan Tacos!Tacos are one of everyone’s favorite meals, no matter what time of year it is or what meal you have them for. They’re easy to customize and allow you to put whatever you want in them depending on your mood, cravings, ingredients on hand, and recipes you find inspiring. Tacos are also one of the easiest recipes to veganize, believe it or not. Plant-based tacos come with the benefits of being healthier for you and are also just as filling. You can put a variety of ingredients inside and produce one tasty, creamy and crunchy, satisfying meal. Check out this guide to A Week’s Worth of Delicious Vegan Tacos!
How do you feel about vegan ‘seafood’? Here’s The Ultimate Guide to Making Vegan ‘Seafood’ Dishes!
If you enjoy recipes like this, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App, it’s available for both Android and iPhone and has free and paid versions. The app is loaded with thousands of allergy-friendly & vegan recipes/cooking tips, has hundreds of search filters and features like bookmarking, meal plans and more! The app shows you how having diet/health/food preferences can be full of delicious abundance rather than restrictions!
Lead image source: Portobello Tostadas With Chipotle Cream
Chiropractor @Main Health Solutions Meridian