No Carb Cheese Wrap Ingredients for one cheese wrap2 slices of cheese
1 sheet of parchment paper
Optional: Rolling pin
No Carb Cheese Wrap Instructions1. Start by folding the sheet of parchment paper in half.
2. Open the folded sheet of parchment paper and place a single slice of cheese in the center.
3. Fold the second slice of cheese into 4 different equal size strips of cheese.
4. Place the small strips of cheese around the first slice of cheese on the parchment paper.
5. Microwave it for exactly 15 seconds.
6. Remove it from the microwave. While the parchment paper is still folded in half, use a rolling pin to spread out the cheese into a thin circle wrap. You don’t need a rolling pin, you can smooth it out with the palm of your hands too. The cheese will be warm and not too hot. If you microwave this for more time, it will crisp the cheese. You want the cheese just warm enough to mold it together into the shape of a tortilla wrap.
7. If you want to use the no carb cheese wrap immediately, you will need to cool it in the freezer for a couple minutes. It must be cooled down before you use it. When it’s cooled, it will keep its shape. The cooled no carb cheese wrap will also be strong enough to roll too!
I tend to keep my no carb cheese wraps in between the parchment paper and stored in a large ziplock bag in the refrigerator.
Here’s the exciting part!!! I made so many different flavors with all kinds of cheese! They all work the same! The Sharp Cheddar (inexpensive generic brand) was a bit more greasy than the rest so I did have to use a paper towel to dab off the excess grease but I didn’t have to do that with the rest of the cheese flavors.
I used two slices of cheese per no carb cheese wrap that I made myself. If you only use one slice, the wrap is kinda small. To make it exactly like the FOLIOS cheese wraps it requires two slices for the same size and thicknes.
If you don’t want to use a microwave, I’m certain you could heat this up in the oven. I have not tried that yet myself. If you do try it, you will want to make sure to set it at a low temperature so the cheese doesn’t crisp. You want it just warm enough to slightly melt the cheese square so that you can form it into a tortilla shaped wrap.
I’m excited to share this technique with you because you can make these no carb cheese wrap tortillas at home right now for less money than what you would buy them for in the store and you can make any cheese flavor you want! And yes, those FOLIOS cheese wraps are expensive at 4 wraps for between $5 and $6 depending on your store’s prices. I can get a package of cheese with 8 to 10 slices for less than half of that cost! They are convenient though!
Chiropractor @Main Health Solutions Meridian